May 16, 2012

Framed Chicken Wire

I've long admired the combo of a simple frame and a little chicken wire. 
Kim over at Starshine Chic uses them so nicely on her mantel and every time she shows off a new vignette I tell myself to make one soon. 

A few weeks ago I found myself with a little time to put one together and I had the perfect spot in my kitchen to hang it.
I picked a chippy frame from my stash and rubbed a little black paint along the cracks and edges to make them stand out more.  Then took some sandpaper to the whole thing to scrap off a few big chunks of the white paint for even more distressing.

Next came the chicken wire.  I simply stapled it to the frame as close to the opening as I could just like Kim said to.  I then brushed on some black craft paint all over the chicken wire to help it stand out a little more against my wall color.
Once hung on the wall, I looked around the house for vintage doo-dads to hang inside the frame.  I came up with a postcard, an old photograph picked up at a flea market and a vintage price tag.
The finished project is just what I was hoping for.  Something simple and classic looking with a little vintage to make my heart go pitter patter.

Hope you have a lovely day,

Robin

Linked up to:


18 comments:

  1. I'm swooning over it and I want one too! xo

    www.NorthernCottage.net

    hey what's coming up in your beautiful garden these days - can't wait to see more of it as spring/summer progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chicken wire projects!!! Your frame looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to make one of these. Yours is perfect. I am on the hunt for a frame. I like the nice wide ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh So Cute! I love anything with Chicken Wire. I'm thinking I need to make one of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chicken wire frame is very sweet...I've been meaning to do something like this for a while, but I've been too lazy so far! I love the way you've styled everything too :)
    I've just added myself as a new follower...feel free to drop by my blog sometime, I'd be delighted to see you there :)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this a lot! Saved for a future project! (that's the best compliment:) !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this Robin!! It is so pretty!! I really want to make one too.If only I had some chicken wire lying around....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my house needs one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I never would have thought of painting the chicken wire with craft paint, that's a really good tip! Your whole display is just adorable! I love the little red bird and the white pitcher. ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought a roll of chicken wire that I still haven't done anything with. I also have an old frame so I am trying to decide between a chalkboard and chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, you certainly are creative!!! That's why I love bloggerville. I get so many great idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! It could go anywhere, bathroom, bedroom...Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is very cute. I don't know where I've been, but I've never seen on of those before. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks amazing! I made one and put it in my sewing room, so handy to peg little treasures on! I adore how you styled yours! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so great. Love the frame with chicken wire.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your charming project! Great tip to paint the wire, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!