March 23, 2015

Mirrored Box


Lately I've been all about the sparkle.

Maybe it's the longer days, and the bright sunlight we have been enjoying lately...



Whatever the reason I can't seem to get enough of it, so when I spotted this mirrored box at my local Home Goods store I couldn't walk away from it.




I stood in the aisle debating about it since its not very "cottage" or "farmhouse"  - styles which I'm normally drawn to.  

No this is much more modern in my estimation  - - yet it had me under it's spell.




So I brought it home and filled it up with all my favorite go-to jewelry and I'm even more bewitched now than I was in the store.




Paired with a simple dish holding some pretty vintage rhinestone pieces from my collection . . . 




And a pretty vase filled with a single hydrangea stem I think it makes a lovely display on my dresser.




Even though it's a little "out of the box" for me I think it has a nice classic feel to it that works in my room.

It certainly make me smile every time I look it's way.

What do you think?  Does it work?

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I can see why you wanted this. I have found that adding an object or two of a different style to your decor can actually enhance the look. Kind of like adding a little sea salt to chocolate! I don't blog anymore, so I hesitate to leave comments tracking back to my expired blog, but I had to let you know that I tried one of your projects. I made the bent spoon napkin holders. They are beautiful. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooeee, that is a beatiful mirrored box. Its perfect any time of the year. I thought first seeing the photo, you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one too from Target and I absolutely love it. It makes my jewelry and me feel more special, as I'm sure you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the mirrored stuff! I have a dresser, a jewelry box like yours and I just bought a mirrored cabinet for the front room that I've been wanting for a few years now, so of course I love your find! I think it looks beautiful and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes it works! And it is perfect for your rhinestone goodies! Did you get buried under snow? We sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Robin! It's so glamorous, and your jewelry looks so pretty inside. I sometimes find myself drawn to things that aren't "cottage" style. It's fun to mix things up!
    xo Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I can see why you fell in love with it!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mirrored box is perfect for jewelry. I love mixing styles as you've created such a pretty vignette with your new box.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. Every girl needs a little sparkle in her life.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful jewelry box! I can totally see why you couldn't walk away from it. It gives me some inspiration for my dresser!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!