November 5, 2013

DIY Message Board

In the kitchen there is a very narrow wall next to our breakfast counter that I have always thought would be the perfect place for a family message board.

In the past I have hung a chalkboard in the spot for that very reason.  I quickly found out that I love the look a whole lot more than I liked using them.  So bye - bye went the chalkboard.



A white board made more sense, but it's hard a find an attractive looking one.

After multiple unsuccessfully shopping trips, I dug a lonely wood frame out of my laundry room to make my own white board.


I used a piece of drop cloth fabric as my background and added a simple stencil to jazz it up a little.



So far it's working out perfectly!

Have a great day,

Robin

10 comments:

  1. adorable, robin! the stencil is the perfect accent for it, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I feel the same way about chalk boards, love the look but would never write on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the message board - really looks good.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea Robin. I love it. It looks perfect.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant!!!
    Thanks for the idea...now I know what to do with an old window I have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your board is just adorable, Robin. I could use one to leave myself notes and benefit greatly from it. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a clock that is a chalk board, but I like the idea of glass I can just wipe clean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your message board...it looks great!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!