June 8, 2009

End Table Makeover

It seems has if you all have sent good vibes my way. Hubby has said YES! to painting the kitchen cabinets. Yippeeeee!

I'm so excited, now I just have to figure out a time to do it. I'm thinking I will wait until it's too hot to be outside, like the end of July or August. That should give me plenty of time to prepare myself.

In the meantime I completed a quick end table spruce-up. Sorry I don't have a before picture. The bottom was a dark stained wood, very typical. The top I had painted red a couple years back. Since I still liked the top color well enough I decided to just paint the bottom white. I covered the top with wrapping paper and using my new best friend(spray paint). Within a couple hours I had a completely new looking table. Here she is.

The white was a little TOO white so I rubber on a little stain and also took some sandpaper to the edges to rough it up a bit. Here is a close up of the edges. Also gave the existing drawer pull a quick shot of black paint.
Now I have a dilemma. I love the bottom, but the top is making me stop the think things through again. SO . . . do you think I should . . .
Paint the top white also to better fit the modern country / cottage look I am working towards
OR
Leave the top red, since I love the color and a little splash a color is always good.
I just can't decided. PLEASE HELP, what would you do?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know, I really like how it looks right now. And if it goes with your decor, I'd say keep it. But if you do choose to paint it, I don't think you could go wrong. The bottom part really turned out well, so I think the top would look great as well. Good luck with it!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fine the way it is so if you like it keep it that way...If it were my table I would paint the whole thing white though. I would like the way it looks even better.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!