November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Decorating

This year I have the pleasure of hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my home. Normally I don't do much in terms of decorating for Thanksgiving but this year I figured we needed to have a little something festive for the occasion.


After thinking about it and digging around in my fall decorating box I pulled out my "thankful" cards, some branches of leaves and a few berries.


Here's what I came up with.


Here's what it looks like from across the room.


The leaf branches are a bit on the orange side which is a big problem for me since it's not one of my favorite colors, but it will have to do. While at Michael's I looked and looked, taking entirely way to long picking out the stems with the least amount of orange on them. Why, oh why does it seem like all fall decorations have to be brown, yucky yellow or bright orange? I don't get it. What about red? It's a fall color too, right? Sorry, enough of my ranting - - I am happy to have been able to find something with a bit of red in it. Maybe next year the stores will have more red for me to choose from - -

then I'll really be THANKFUL!

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Thanks for for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great, you have the perfect nice, long wall for it!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange doesn't really go in my house either. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You really are very creative...

    I need to start decorating for Thanksgiving...but I keep pulling out Christmas things!

    xo,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Thanksgiving decorations look great! I am not much of an orange fan either...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!