March 11, 2010

Faded Photos

This past weekend I went to visit my parents and we wound up looking through some old photos.  One of my favorite pasttimes.  Each time new stories come out and my imagination starts running. 

One picture held my interest longer than the others.  It's a photo taken in 1920 of a grade-school class in a one room schoolhouse.  My grandfather was in the photo.  Over the years I've heard many stories about this schoolhouse, it's teachers and funny things that happend.  It just so happens that my own father attended the same schoolhouse for his first couple years of school.  I'm intrigued!
Thought you might like to take a look.  My grandfather is in the second row, second from the left.

Have a great day.
Robin

4 comments:

  1. I love olds photos...and old school children ones are some of my favorite. The group looks a little mischievous...kinda like the Little Rascals...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat to have a photo like that. I cherish all of my old ones too. Good luck with that slip cover...I would have made one to fit my sofa but I have no idea how to sew...sad~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a priceless picture. Be sure to get all the details about the old pictures and write them down. When you get as old as me you forget and now I have no one to ask. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally Little Rascals! I'm with Mimi on writing things down!! After a while, it's hard to remember who's who and who did what when! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!