November 10, 2011

Distressed Wood Frame

Scrapbook paper and Mod Podge are the perfect pair. 
Add a inexpensive frame to the mix and magic happens.
I found this scrapbook paper at Michael's a while back and fell in love right away.  I bought a whole stack of it even though I had no idea what I was going to do with it.

While I was brainstorming, I realized a had an unfinished frame from the craft store just begging for a little attention.

I'm sure you've all seen paper covered frames before so I won't bore you with the step by step.  Basically I just stained the outer edges of the frame, followed by a quick coat of cream paint to mimic the scrapbook paper.  A light sanding and the addition of the pretty paper finished the project.


Quick. Easy.  And Oh, So Beautiful.

Very farmhouse don't you think.

I think this frame will work wonderful in my hutch to add a little texture.  I'm working on my Thanksgiving decor now and hope to show it off early next week.

Hope you all have a lovely day,
Robin

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is so cool! It looks like real wood, love it!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good! I'll have to try this sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a sweet note on my Table Spread!!! I just read your post....No way...So simple & So cute!!! I need to be paying more attention to the paper aisle!!! Everything Mod Podge totally ROCKS! I'm your newest follower and I hope you'll follow me on your next visit, too!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for using pretty scrapbook paper. I often see it and wonder what I could use it for! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! I love it! I have been wanting one of the chippy, distressed frames, this would be perfect and way cheaper! I will have to look and see if I can find the paper!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoo i love this frame and the cottagy look to it :) Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. Newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so real! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how realistic the paper looks...I thought it was going to be a blog about crackle paint! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The frame looks so cool - a great job you've done!!!

    Thanks for your nice comment and have a wonderful evening!

    Hugs
    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your project turned out great. It looks so realistic- like crackled wood. I am always trying to think of ways to use pretty scrapbook paper. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great weekend!---------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually haven't seen this idea before, Robin...I think its brilliant! The frame looks wonderful...I am really inspired to try it on some old frames I have around here! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Robin,
    what a great idea, and how fabulous it turned out! I love it, looks like the real thing! Will have to look into giving this a try! Thanks for stoping by and the sweet comment!
    Will be back to visit!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS. Robin,
    I'm your newest follower and would love it
    if you would do the same!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! The frame loos gorgeous! You should make them & sell them on Etsy... they are awesome! xox

    I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to check out my blog & follow back if you'd like! :)

    Blessings,
    Kat
    www.maryanddyer.com
    www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're on a roll with easy, impactful projects this week, Robin! Am pinning this one for sure... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!