May 14, 2012

DIY Boxwood Wreath

Good Morning!
Hope you all had a restful and enjoyable weekend. The family and I went to the cabin in the woods with Grandma and Grandpa and we had a wonderful time.  It's so nice that the weather is warming up so that we we can get out into the fresh air and enjoy it.  Even got a little tan so I'm not so chicken white anymore - thank goodness!

Today I'd like to share a recent craft project.  I have wanted a boxwood wreath for a long time and have been on the look out for one with not much luck, they just don't seem to be very popular around here.  I did however finally spot a boxwood garland at Micheal's and decided to make my own.

One eight inch foam wreath form, a glue gun, a toothpick and one and half six foot boxwood garland was all I needed.


After trimming the boxwood sprigs down to size, I poked a hole in the wreath form with a toothpick.  Next I put a little hot glue on the boxwood stem and pushed it into the hole made by the toothpick.


Super easy, but time consuming. 


But I love the results.

I think it's the perfect spring time accent to the hutch and I love the pop of green among all the white.

That's it for me today, it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day and I'm planning on playing in the garden as much as possible.

Enjoy your day,

Robin

Linked up to:


21 comments:

  1. I love your boxwood wreath - so classic and perfect for spring! Rain here today - enjoy the sun for me!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful and fresh and light - looks REAL! xo

    www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wreath looks so great

    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wreath is FAN TAS TIC! Seriously, it's just beautiful. I am so impressed with your crafty talent. I'm wondering if I could make it too. I just might have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Robin! I've been wanting a real boxwood wreath, but that garland looks so realistic I may just have to go for the faux version. At least it'll last forever. :) Happy Spring, friend!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful Robin! I too love the pop of green with all the white. It looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks gorgeous! I have to ask how long it stayed pretty? I would love to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful. I am going to make one. Thanks for sharing. Happy to be a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robin I just love it and way less expensive then a store bought one. I will be making one in the near future for sure. Thanx for sharing at THT!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it. I think you did an awesome job. I want to make one, too.
    Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, boxwood is my favorite, so classic! It's perfect with your white pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very full! I love these wreaths, especially at Christmas time. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this and have been looking for a wreath like this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for posting! This is just what I was looking for. It's going to be my project for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous! I've been looking for a boxwood wreath and haven't found what I want. I might be making a trip to Michaels soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this idea! I've had my eye out for a box wood wreath lately and just can't seem to find any in the price range I'm looking for. Thanks for this diy idea. I'm totally pinning this to make later.

    ReplyDelete
  17. PERFECT! Making this wreath on Tuesday! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there its beautiful I was just wondering where you ordered your boxwood garland from? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!