April 29, 2014

Knee Deep


Good Morning!

This week I find myself knee deep in several different projects I'm very excited about - - - however I don't have a single thing to share!

You know all those small boring mini-projects that have to be done in order to get to the good stuff.

That's where I find myself.

Things like patching nail holes in the wall, painting a handful of thrift store frames, sewing tiny projects and gathering of supplies.

All very time consuming, and frustrating when all you want to do is get to the fun stuff.

The handful of frames that needed painting and distressing is finished; bringing me a step closer to my goal.



In the meantime, I thought I would share a new to me tool that I have been loving lately.  It's actually meant to assist in gluing chairs or other odd shaped items instead of traditional clamps.  I wish now that I had kept the packaging so I could share the name of this handy tool - I'm a bad blogger I know.  

It's basically like a tie strap that you can use for trailers and such but it has one extra feature that is very handy . . . .


Here's a close up. 
Basically you apply the wood glue where needed then slip the strap around the item, pulling it tight. Then using the tiny wrench that comes with the strap you can turn the right hand nut below to tighten the strap even more.


The strap stays nice and tight until your ready to remove it.

Works perfectly for frames and chairs that are a little wobbly.


You may want to pick one of these up.  They are super handy.  

Have a great day.

Robin


3 comments:

  1. Your frames look really cute! It's amazing what some white paint and distressing can do! Glad you are getting closer to doing the fun stuff now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must buy one of these clamps. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are working on some fun projects...looking forward to seeing them soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!