June 23, 2014

Windowsill Plants


There is just nothing more summertime-like than a pretty plant set on a kitchen windowsill.

  It's such a homey, pretty look.



While I was trying to figure out how to decorate this space for the summer I happened to plop two plants over there just to get them out of the way for a little while and I had an "ahh, haa" moment.

Why complicate things when simple will do.


Since I had originally thought these plants would be scattered around the house I didn't worry to much about matching the urns I placed them in.  Now I sort of wish they were more matchy-matchy.  

Last year I had such good luck with two asparagus ferns that I bought in the spring I decided to try a couple more plants to see if they would work well as house plants.  I ended up with two, new to me plants.

The first one is called "Stonecrop".  It's a sedum and should get tiny purple flowers on it when it blooms.


I think it's very pretty and am hoping it does when for a house plant.


The second plant I picked up is called "Golddust".


I love how it spills over the sides of the urn and it's pretty yellow flowers.


Any new houseplants in your home?

bye now,

Robin

6 comments:

  1. No new houseplants, keep it down to 2. But now outside is a different story. Love the space you have on the sill and your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing new, but I agree with plants by the windows i the kitchen. I have a bonsai by my sink area and I might have to give these 2 suggestions of your s a try since I want more! thanks Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the plants in the window . . . love the cloth you have beneath the pretty urns . . . love plants in a house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty, Robin! I would love to have a nice big windowsill like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Your windowsill is so nice and roomy, perfect for your pretty plants. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    Happy Tuesday!

    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thanks for sharing the name of the plant with the little yellow flowers. I planted that last year and couldnt find it this year. Maybe now that I have a name it will be helpful!! I love easy and simple,,,a great display of country loveliness!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!