Good Morning All!
Hope you had a nice relaxing, cozy weekend at home.
Slowly but surely I'm getting myself back into a groove of working of project to share with you after taking a couple weeks off to recover from the flu.
To get things started, I'd like to share a project I made way back in November but haven't highlighted because Christmas decorations were so much more fun to talk about.
The large wall behind my dinning room table has always been a hard area for me to decorate. For a while now I've had a shelf centered on the wall and it's worked out nicely but I've always thought it could use something hanging on either side of it to give the whole arrangement a finished look.
After perusing the stores with no luck I figured it was time for a DIY project.
Deciding to try to mimic the look of a salvaged window, I ended up with two of these. . .
I love how it turned out and the chippy paint job I gave it helps the whole project look old just like I had hoped.
This project took very little time and was easy to accomplish with the help of my trusty Jigsaw.
I'll walk you through the process in just in case you're thinking you'd like to give it a try - - which of course I recommend because it's so easy.
First you'll need a template of some kind.
I drew out the shape I wanted and then transferred it onto a piece of half inch plywood.
Below you can see my template, I drew only half of it out which is the best way I know of to make sure both sides are equal. Once your template it cut out simple trace one side, flip, match the middle, and trace the other side.
The next thing I did was take my Jigsaw and cut along the whole outside of the frame.
Then to begin cutting out the inside sections of the frame I first drilled a pilot hole into each of the three frame sections.
Once that was done, the Jigsaw blade could be placed inside the area to be cut out.
Simply following the template I ran the Jigsaw along the frame in each section cutting out the middle pieces.
After all three sections were cut out, the window looked like this.
The final step was to take an electric sander and make sure the whole thing was nice and smooth.
Then it was time to paint and add the chicken wire to the back to add a little more interest.
All in all, a pretty simple project that has a great finished look I think.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Talk to you soon,