May 17, 2015

New Vintage Style Sign


Well Hello Everyone!

I'm finally back from my blogging break.

Very excited to be back to catch up on all the projects you've been working on while I've been away.


While I was gone, one completed project of my own was a little something new for the Living Room.




Wanting a new look for the space above the sofa,  I first hung two framed botanical prints with burlap mats.

It looked nice but didn't fill up the blank wall as much as I would have liked.

So then, I decided to paint a new over-sized sign to hang above the two frames.

The new sign helps fill up the space and give me an opportunity to add a more color to the room.




I am now loving the finished look.

(not however loving the way the burlap mats are looking like two different colors - what is going on!  I swear in real life they are the same color - - - 
--just ignore them if you can--LOL)




The sign was painted on a scrap piece of 1X8 and it's almost three feet long.
I used craft paint to paint on the letters.  I then distressed the whole thing and added a dark wax stain over the top to make it look older.







It turned out pretty good I think.




I think it gives a room a little something special.



Hope you all have a fabulous day,

Bye now,

Robin


19 comments:

  1. I aree, love what you did, it's prefect there especially with your coffee table display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Robin! I love your new sign...you did a beautiful job with it, and the botanicals look great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the new sign!!! Also adore those flowered pillows on your chairs. They look so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sign! And the prints. You never fail to be spectacular in your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sign, looks great on your wall. You are brave to let your dog on the white chair, ohhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Robin! Looks like a magazine photo shoot, lovely styling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Robin! Looks like a magazine photo shoot, lovely styling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, your too kind....glad to hear you like it....I of course and enjoying the fresh new look. Hugs. Robin

      Delete
  8. Robin,
    Your sign and the botanicals looks awesome above your sofa. So pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new sign! You did a great job!! It ties in so nicely with your lovely botanical prints!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so fresh and clean! I love the flowers sign too!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Robin! Your room looks so good! Love your chippy coffee table and your new sign and prints. ~julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! It's all so stunning. Beautiful!! I'd like to invite you to share this project or any of your projects on The Inspiration Board at my blog homework. I've been hosting my party for over 4 years and would love for you to join and inspire me.
    I hope to see you there! http://www.carolynshomework.com/2015/05/the-inspiration-board-creative-party_26.html

    carolyn : homework

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty, Robin. I have an old sign that needs a makeover, you've inspired me to get to thinking about it! I'll be featuring this post on my blog this evening for SYS, thanks so much for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cute sign! You did a great job on that. I love the color and the way the letters on each side are big and the letters in the middle aren't. That's a nice looking arrangement above the sofa. I also love that chippy painted table in front of your sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely, a beautiful addition. Hugs! P.S.  I invite you to share at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ( open until Sat midnight) 

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!