July 13, 2015

Footstool Makeover using a Vintage Sheet

Good Morning!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Our's was busy, busy, busy but I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

Today I'd like to share a footstool makeover I completed last week for the sun porch.

It was a quick and easy makeover - - my favorite type of project.



It turned out super cute I think, the perfect thing to add the Sun Porch to give is a cozier, relaxing look.




Even has a secret spot for me to hid my treasures!




When I brought it home from the thrift store it was looking a little frumpy.



I picked a vintage sheet from my collection with some pretty embroidery on it to cover the top of the stool.  

First I cut off the pretty lace to use on another project, and then I cut a piece long enough to fit the stool, making sure to center the design in the middle.



I then had a long, skinny piece of fabric.  To make the fabric wide enough for the project I cut to more panels of fabric from the sheet and pinned them to the first embroidered piece I cut.




After sewing on the two panels, I pressed the seams nice and flat . . . 




And then using a basting stitch, I  sewed a straight line down each seam to give it a finished look.




After stapling the whole thing onto the stool itself it now looks like this after I gave the stool base a coat of white spray paint.



Works perfectly!

Now I'll be lounging on the porch watching the weeds grow faster than my flowers - - just kidding.



Shelby Girl has her favorite spot on the porch picked out also!  She love it.




Bye now,

Robin

9 comments:

  1. Very cute re-do Robin! That Shelby is so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I like the way you present the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin, I love how this turned out! It looks so fresh and colorful - perfect on your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin, I love how this turned out! It looks so fresh and colorful - perfect on your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out wonderfully!!! I see those type of stools at the thrift store all the time and I just walk past them! Who would have thunk it could be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What A great make-over! It's A lovely footstool! What A change. And your little dog is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Robin! Perfect for your beautiful sun-porch! Looks like you and your sweet pup are enjoying these lovely summer days in style! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!