March 31, 2009

Ta-Da! I Did It!!!

I'm so happy to say that the chair slipcover is done.

Here is what it started out like (minus the cushion)
After hours sewing, and seam ripping, and willing my numb brain to focus this is what it looks like now.
I am so happy with how it turned out. Flaws? You bet, but it still makes me happy. My living room looks so much bigger now without that dark green blob of a chair. And the little ruffle on the bottom adds a great element I think. Now I want to start on the couch.

Last night my babies returned home from staying at Grandma and Grandpa's for their spring break. You should see their tans! I should have taken a before and after photo it's that amazing. Sitting next to them my pasty white skin looks downright translucent.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! That looks Great!I love the cute little dark legs sticking out below the ruffle. I had been meaning to ask if you've been doing this. I'm very impressed.

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! It looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love it.

    I'm totally impressed that you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! You did a great job! And that little ruffle is very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job on the slipcover. I have a similiar chair to slipcover. Would you mind emailing me. I would love to be able to ask you some questions on the slipcover process.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!