June 11, 2009

Rearranging the Porch

The girls have finished school for the year and a summertime feel surrounds us. What better way to celebrate then to show off my porch. We have a wonderful deck / screen porch that sadly does not get used as much as it should. I'm hoping to change that with a few accessories to make it more cozy.

Here is the view from the doorway leading out to the porch. This wonderful table set is all ready for snacks and meals. You can see the backyard and the park and pond beyond. I love that it almost feels like were in the country most of the time.
Here is the view looking from the doorway and to the left. I've set up a small sitting area using a table and a couple chairs.
This is the view from the small sitting area, one of my favorites of the whole space.
I placed a chair and my over sized lantern in the other corner. We walk past it to get unto the deck.
Love how the rocks look inside the lantern (thanks for the idea Pottery Barn)
I would love to hang curtains over by the small sitting area to try to keep out some of the summer heat but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it short of putting holes in the metal siding. I've tried adhesive hooks but they fall off after a couple of days. Any ideas!

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried the 3M hooks? I use them on my steel doors for wreaths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that huge lantern...very unique! The porch looks cozy and inviting. You'll have lots of fun using it more this summer. You couldn't ask for a better location for your home...that view to the back is nice!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lantern. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that oversized lantern - it's so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if you could do the adhesive velcro or if it's too hot for that as well and the adhesive wouldn't work...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!