January 29, 2010

Scrap Quilt

During my spare time that last couple days I have been busy sewing together a scrap quilt for my living room.


I used up the last of my favorite red ticking stripe fabric (so sad), a little red fabric for the binding and leftover red fleece for the backing.

Here she is!
Using 6 inch squares, I sewed it together alternating the direction of the stripe. I didn’t worry too much about the squares not matching up - - it’s not worth my sanity!


I added cozy fleece for the back and trimmed it all out with a 1 inch binding.  You can see I still need to hand sew the binding onto the back.  I'm waiting for movie night to roll around this weekend.

See why I call it a scarp quilt?  Two colors of red fleece on the back.  Not very professional, I know, but I wanted to use up what I had.  Besides, when I get sick of it I won't feel like I need to keep it since I didn't spend an arm and a leg on it. 

She'll look right at home when she'll all finished. 

5 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I really love it,a nd I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, this is beautiful. That red ticking stripe is my favorite. Now you can cozy up on movie night. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red ticking and you did such a good job on the quilt!


    Hope you and your sister enjoyed your day at Ikea!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You are making me want to sew one...

    xo,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I have a huge stash and I need to use some of it up for sure. Great idea. Mimi

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!