April 23, 2010

Turtle Rescuers’

This time of year we see many turtles traveling through our yard. In past years we’ve seen both small and really, really big turtles. It always gives the girls a thrill to watch them.
A couple days' ago, one poor little turtle managed to make it inside of our privacy fence. Our dog, Zeb, protects our home from all sorts of dangers such as chipmunks, squirrels, gardener snakes and rabbits. He takes his job very seriously, always on the prowl.
A turtle in the yard was cause for panic and he was having none of it! He terrorized the poor thing with his barking and pawing. But still the turtle stayed! Resorting to drastic measures, he picked it up in his mouth and started running around the yard with it. Poor Zeb, he just didn’t know what to do with it. Finally the girls and I managed to get him to drop the poor turtle long enough for us to help him out. They in a wagon and brought him back to the swamp.


Poor turtle, he may need therapy after that experience!

3 comments:

  1. So glad y'all found him and was able to get him home safely! I have rescued a few turtles too and it always makes me happy to help animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy. He'll have something to tell all his friends. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so busy with my grown children and their children, I don't get time to visit all my favorite blogs very often, but whenever I have visited yours, I have gotten inspiration or a cool idea. You do very well at making your house a home!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!