April 27, 2010

Spring Cleaning Time

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I’ve spent the past few days cleaning my home from top to bottom. Ok, that’s not quite right – one floor of my home anyway!

My hubby probably thought I was a crazy woman, but I was determined to finish it all this weekend. Furniture was moved, walls were washed down, baseboards scrubbed, windows cleaned, bedding washed, and floors vacuumed and cleaned. I was a woman on a mission. Even had enough time to squeeze in some Bingo with my sister on Saturday night!

Spring cleaning is always a task I dread tackling. As much as I dislike the process, the results are amazing. I feel refreshed and airy (if that’s a feeling). I’ve fallen in love with my house all over again!

This year I had a secret weapon - - a steam cleaner. My sister and I split the cost and are now the proud owners of a Bissell Proheat Carpet Cleaner.
LOVE. IT.
The scrubbing, vacuuming, raw fingers, and loads of laundry were all worth it at the end of the day.

Next weekend - - downstairs! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. I'm tired just thinking about it. My house needs a serious cleaning. It's just too much for me right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning house is not my favorite thing but when it's done it's so great. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am jealous of your steam cleaner - I could definitely put that bad boy to good use around here!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your blog listed on the sidebar of another blog and had to come by for a visit. Love your blog name :-).
    Spring cleaning is a big job, but always such a great feeling when you are done. You must feel good to be half way there. Good luck with the other half.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were very ambitious this weekend! I bet it looks wonderful. There is nothing like a spanking clean house.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bissell steam cleaner, but it's not the proheat. I've always wondered if the proheat actually increased the temp of the water any significant amount, since you are already putting hot water in it. I'd love to know what your experience has been with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring cleaning is that time of the year where you look in to all the areas of your house and make sure they are free of dirt. Having a schedule in cleaning different areas of your house is advisable because you can focus in each area and never miss a spot. How did the vacuuming downstairs go?

    German Zollinger @ Total Clean Equip

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!