April 8, 2010

Vintage Finds {3}

My love of tarnished silver has not diminished even as my collection grows.

I keep wondering if one morning I’ll wake up and wonder how my obsession could have gotten so out of control!

Until that day, I’ll happily enjoy the hunt for the next piece that makes my heart pitter-patter.


 
Recently I found a few more items to add to the collection and I’m giddy with delight!

I’ve been on the lookout for vintage trophies to hold cut flowers and a larger sized bowl, so imaging my delight when I spied this beauty.

The engraving on the side reads 1979 Parent-Child Championship.
A trophy and a bowl,
- - all in one - -
P.E.R.F.E.C.T.
I envision it sitting on my hutch filled to overflowing with pale green Hydrangea’s - -
SO LOVELY.



The same day I also picked up two forks. The small one has a monogrammed “A” on the handle, which is adorable of course!
Can you believe these forks are the first of its kind in my collection? I have knives and spoons but no forks! I’m not quite sure how to decorate with them other and tying on a pretty ribbon and placing them around my collection.

Any ideas?


 
Finally, I picked up a lovely small bowl.
I loved its detail edging, the curves and the fluted sides.  It’s destined to sit on my bedroom dresser holding hair accessories. A beautiful addition to my room!



Hope you all have a great day,

Until tomorrow,

Robin




1 comment:

  1. Great finds! I have a collection of old silverware too, I have mine in a mini pitcher on my kitchen counter. Love them. Welcome back too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!