September 14, 2010

Beautiful Minnehaha Falls and Park

If you have never been to Minneahaha Falls it is a treat for the eye's, definitely a great place to visit if you like spending time in the great outdoors.

Of course there is the beautiful water falls that you could spend time watching. In addition to that, there are gardens to stroll through, bike paths and bikes to rent, a historic train depot, a delightful farmhouse to tour and my girls favorite; a nature walk along a stream which leads to a wading area.  Let me tell you, the girls spent hours playing and splashing around in the stream. 

Here are a few of the things that delighted me.




Beautiful stone bridges are scattered throughout the park.
I think they are beautiful.

This is the bridge by the wading area. 
Notice the stone steps to the left of the bridge leading down to the stream. 
Such a great idea if you ask me. 
I loved sitting on the steps watching the water flow under the bridge - - such a tranquil spot.



Hope you enjoyed this "mini" tour of the park half as much as I enjoyed my time here with my girls.

Until tomorrow,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I want to go there! I love wayerfalls. Looks like a great place to take kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, me too! What a wonderful place...thank you sooo much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!