October 21, 2010

Organized Inspiration

I'm a magazine-aholic. . .

I'm a blog-aholic . . .

I'm constantly clipping images out of magazines and adding blog posts to my favorites lists.

For years I've kept a inspiration notebook filled with magazine clippings of images I'm drawn to.
 I'm sure many of you do something similar.
But what do you do with all your online finds?

A while back, I started organizing them by using Tumblr.

A quick post highlighting my favorites with a link to the original blog post and I've got an easy way to keep track of all the things I'd like to remember.  

No more trying to remember where I saw something or who posted what!

I've added a button to my side bar if you'd like to have a look at some of my favorite things.
Or you can click here


Hope you have a great day,

Robin

11 comments:

  1. Hello! I wanted to stop by and say "thank you" for visiting my blog. Also, thanks for your tip on organizing favorite web images. I always see something, say "I'll have to remember that", and then promptly forget! I also like your cat silhouette on the plate. In fact, I love everything in your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out all of your saved ideas, they are great. I am not sure about the tumblr, is it what you have your blog through? I like the organization of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin,
    I was on your site earlier this morning but got sidetracked when the kids got up...so I am back now and off the check out tumblr...
    I hope you have a great weekend!
    xo,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the same boat Robin. I bookmark everything online and try to keep the folders organized, but still it gets out of control. Great ideas.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear other people have this problem as well!!I have an overflowing folder of magazine pages..but my computer is a mess with things I've saved..probably 1/2 the stuff I can't remember where it came from...I'm a disorganized mess! Something is gonna have to be done about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of tumblr. I will check it out! I keep a folder on my desktop full of shortcuts, but that gets cumbersome. I need to get organized. Love your inspirations, by the way! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep my magazine clippings in categorized folders but I do need to start using Tumblr for my blog ideas!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! I've never used Tumblr, but I've started to use Pinterest for the same purpose. It's so handy to have a system - invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea, Robin. I haven't checked out tumblr yet--it seems like there's always something new to check out(!). I'll take a look at your account.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I do the same thing. Forever I have been cutting things out of magazines and save them for ideas.Now with things online I just have been putting them in a folder then burn it to a disk. I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tumblr seems great if it really helps keep you organized--I clearly need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!