December 5, 2012

A Christmas Kitchen

Good Morning!
 
You all now how I ADORE a red and white color scheme.  I love it all year long but it becomes even more apparent at Christmas time.  I fear I may have gone a wee bit overboard with the color combo in my kitchen this year . . . but I'm cool with that!
 
Please advert your eyes if red and white makes you cringe.  LOL!
 
 
I've surrounded the shelf next to my "office area" with some of my favorite red and white items.


I hung a vintage red bottle brush wreath on my chicken wire frame above the shelf.
 


Candy canes and peppermint sticks are a must this time of the year.
 


And you can never go wrong with a few bottle brush trees - in red of course and perfectly flocked.
 


A vintage style Santa ornament hangs out among the bottle brush forest just to make me smile.
 

 
Beneath the shelf I hung the candy striped picture frame I painted last year.

 
And the vintage scale is sporting a pretty stack of peppermint sticks tied up with a bow.

 
On the other side of the pictures frame I've placed my vintage enamelware kettle on top of a small platter filled with fresh clipped branches.  I have to admit this little display is a favorite.   My love of enamelware and red/white all rolled into one with a little Christmas cheer to boot!

 
Next to the kettle I place an adorable pair of ice skates I picked up at Target this past week.  They add the perfect touch.

 
Need a break from all the red and white?
 
Here is something a little more calming to the eyes.  In the kitchen window above the sink I've recycled a display from last year.


I have to admit I've been looking forward to this display all year.  I adore the tiny deer and they look amazing when the sunshine streams through the window.
 


Bottle brush trees add to the "forest" look, along with some sparkle from tiny ornaments.
 

 
And to make the whole display cozy once the sun goes down, I've added flameless candles.  I dressed them up will a little ribbon, feathers and a pretty button.


OK, back to the red and white . . .
 

 
On the kitchen table I kept things simple with an appropriate table runner and a candle.

 
I placed the candle in a distressed tray and fill in around it with candy for the kids to sneak.

 
And just for fun I threw in another vintage style Santa.
 
On the wall behind the table I hung a simple wreath on my faux farmhouse window.

 
On the step stool in the corner I placed a bucket filled with red berries and added a snowflake for some sparkle.

 
And the final bit of red and white hangs from the kitchen window. 
The Christmas countdown mittens. 
They have become a tradition we all look forward to.

 
Hope you enjoy this tour of my kitchen. 
I apologize if your vision is slightly wonky  - - I did warn you!  LOL!!!
 
Enjoy your day,
 
Robin
 
Linked to:
 
 
 
 


27 comments:

  1. I love EVERYTHING about your Christmas decorating, Robin! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? I LOVE a red and white theme. Everything looks lovely--sweet and simple. I'm green with envy. You've got me thinking about painting my kitchen white, which I've wanted to do for so long now but my husband balks at the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love each and every detail!! Adorable and still not over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the red and white combo, too! That striped frame is so pretty - I've pinned that for a future project for me! Thanks for sharing some inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it all! You did a fantastic job! The peppermint candies in the dish w/ the candle, the bucket, the scale...perfect!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the red and white. just gorgeous. thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robin! You didn't have to warn me....I LOVE red and white!! I have to say, I may be copying you a bit. In fact, my kitchen has been turned red and white too. I just with I had that cute scale to put peppermint sticks on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin,
    This is all so beautiful. I am a cream and white cottage girl but boy do I love your pops of red and white. Really pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks beautiful. Red is one of my favorite colors to decorate with, so I do love this time of year when I can add it all over! ;-) I love the bucket sitting on the stool and the painted frame is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Robin,

    Your red and white kitchen is so festive! I love your bottle brush trees and enamelware. I'm visit from Primp and hope you will stop by for a visit. Enjoy the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had lost your blog link and just found it again. I love your red and white kitchen. It is just gorgeous. It looks like magic land there and is just perfect- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Robin I love your pops of red! Oh yeah I know I LOVE my white.But red and white look amazing together! Beautiful vignettes!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Robin! Just love all your red and white festivity here. The peppermints are so festive and your Advent mittens are so adorable.
    I always love seeing your glitter houses (in your earlier post) each year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just as cute as can be, Jen! I love everything you did, and the red and white is perfect. I am not about to avert my eyes. I'm going to drink in every drop of red and white. Love that advent mitten calendar. It's darling!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your red and white decor!!!! Pinned:) I posted http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/12/doily-tree.html to time washed this week. Cheers:) New follower. Follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it all Robin!! Those red bottle brush trees are cool! haven't seen them in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh girl I am in love with your red and white, I am adding you to my blog roll (sidebar) - my favorite is the enamelware pitcher with the candle, love love love it!!! Look forward to seeing you often ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty! I love red and white all year too. LOVE the enamelware pitcher with the candle in it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty, Robin! I love the red and white with a vintage feel. The peppermint sticks on the vintage scale, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. When can I move in? I LOVE everything about your red & white room!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I happen to love red! Everything in your kitchen is so pretty. The mitten countdown is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I never get tired of red and white at christmas. love your holiday kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So, so pretty! I love your tied up peppermint sticks on the vintage scale... oh, I thought the deer were my favourite. Well, it's a tough call -- I love every bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything is lovely...and so beautifully photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it all, but I am crazy for red!! So charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Although I do not use much red in my own decorating, I love seeing it elsewhere. You definitely DID NOT go overboard, Robin! I would say you used red to perfection. ;)

    Thanks for joining the fun at Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!