December 14, 2012

Sweet Christmas Dreams

This year I've keep my holiday decorations to a minimum in my room by adding just a touch of sparkle to my normal red and white color scheme.
 
 
The bench at the end of the bed holds one of my favorite quilts and a basket of extra pillows.

 
I added a bowl filled with vintage ornaments to the basket for some sparkle.


Above the bed I've recycled my glitter house display from years past.  I love it so much I haven't done much to change it.  You can read more about it here if you'd like to look at more photos of the houses.

 
On my bedside table, a simple lantern, a vintage clock and sprig of greenery add a little holiday cheer.

 
On hubbies dresser I arranged a grouping of flameless candles wrapped in bakers twine to add a touch of red.

 
I love to use silver coaster's for my pillar candles.  They are the perfect size and add just the right amount of tarnished metal to the mix.  I have to say I'm really enjoying having the candles in my room.  I have the timers set to come on at eight and two so I have a pretty glow in my room all night long.  They are the best type of night light ever.

 
On my dresser, I've placed a little something special just to make me smile.


The reindeer and sleigh are a new purchase which I was excited to find.  The reindeer is so cute even though at this angle the red eyes are sort of freaky, I swear it's not so bad in person.
 

 
The sleigh is filled with tiny bottle brush trees and a star my daughter glittered for me.

 
The trees I bleached and glittered myself.  I thought it would be fun to try silver glitter instead of my normal white that I use.  Truth be told, I'm on the fence about whether I like them or not.  Since I made them I figured I'd better use them and now I like them more - sort of - maybe.

 
Hope you all have a fantastic day,
 
Robin


8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Robin...loving your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the way you decorate!!! Red is my favorite and you use it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, this is SO gorgeous! I love the glittered trees...I see some glitter in my future! And your photos are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so lovely. I just love love love that red ticking quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks beautiful... love the red bench.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The charming displays of glittery sparkles are just the right touches for your red and white abode. Love the punch of black, as well. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope to see you again this week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!