March 25, 2013

Vintage Book Display

Vintage book collecting is so much fun!  

My collection is constantly growing.  
I'm always on the lookout for new treasures to find in the correct color, size and type.  Of all the types of books I collect, my favorite are children's early reading books.  I love their fun graphics and cheerful colors.

One book in my collection is a particular favorite of mine.  It's called "Happy Days With Our Friends".  Such a delightful title isn't it?  Every one of my girls have snuggled up next to me to read from this book during their kindergarten and first grade years.  We have found this type of book to be very helpful for the early reader, since most of it is very sight word based and it works nicely with the modern curriculum taught in my girls classrooms.  

Sadly, this happy, cheerful book has seen little use in our house as of late.  Since it holds such warm memories for me I wanted to find a way to use the book in my decorating for spring.

Surprisingly, only a little bit of jute twine was needed.  I simply tied a piece around each side of the book with a simple knot.


The twine holds the pages open and makes it easy to prop the book up on a shelf so we can see the pretty, cheerful illustrations.



I am so happy I gave this quick and simple idea a try.  It's prefect. 

I'll show you where I used it soon, once I have the rest of the room finished. 

Talk to you soon,

Robin

Linked to:

The Scoop
 Be Inspired
 

11 comments:

  1. Cute idea Robin! Oh I love finding those old books.LOVE the graphics!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the dog spot. These were the readers I used in school. I,d love to find one. Those pages are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, these are the books I read when I started school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those graphics, great idea with the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and it looks so good. I love to read and I just re-read Secret Garden again for the 100th time.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I collect vintage children's books too and I think I have that book. What a great idea to hold it open to these sweet pages! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, that's such a cute idea! I love those kinds of books too. The graphics are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet...I love children's books, especially the old primers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great display idea! And those illustrations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!