November 3, 2013

Paper Wreath

*** Updated:  Tutorial Included ***

Is anyone else been feeling the overwhelming urge to spend the whole day crafting lately?

I sure have!

This past week I couldn't ignore the pull of my glue gun another second.




It must be these almost too cool, crisp days we have been having.  You know that precarious perch between fall and winter weather.  I just want to snuggle into my nice warm house and make a big mess just for the fun and pleasure of making something new.




I decided a book wreath would be a great place to start since it's been on my to-do list for like ever!

Boy was it fun!  I had never made this type of wreath before and it went together surprisingly fast.




When it was all finished I decided my faux beadboard door in the family room was the perfect place to hang my new treasure.




Of course I had to add a few pretty items to round out the display which was a whole different sort of fun.  The basket, the doily and the crochet runner are all new to me items I've found lately so it was enjoyable to find a way to use them.




I had thought making the wreath would curb my craftiness for a while but I think it's only succeeded in adding fuel to the fire.




Last night, once again, unable to ignore my glue gun I made this small book wreath while I watched a show.




Is your glue gun behaving it's self or is it screaming for attention?


Just in case it's howling at you, 
here's how I made the wreath.


You'll need a book, a foam wreath form and a glue gun with lots of glue sticks.


Cut or rip book page into four inch squares.


Taking one four inch square, place handy-dandy gluing tool (aka a pencil) in the middle of the square . . .


Then scrunch the paper up around the pencil and hold in place with your fingers.


Here's another view of what it should look like at this point.


Next simply add some glue and attach to the wreath.  Use the pencil to hold the paper against the wreath while the glue cools - - this is the hardest part I thought, sometimes waiting for the glue to cool and firm up seemed like it took forever.


That's it really.  

I did find that things went more smoothly when I  added the paper all along the inside of the wreath first . . . 


Followed by lining the outside edge of the wreath next.


And then finally filling in the middle section. 


In case your wondering how close to place the paper together I'd guess I glued them onto the wreath every quarter inch or so.


(If anyone is interested in a tutorial for the other wreath I made while watching TV just let me know.  Sure won't mind making another one to show you how it's done.)

38 comments:

  1. I love that paper wreath! It looks awesome on the faux beadboard door. With the cooler weather coming in, it makes me want to just craft away as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath, but......where is the tutorial? You cannot just leave us hanging! LOL!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog post. I'm glad it reminded you to make some of that delicious Friendship Bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath!! I love it! I really have the urge to get a jump on my Christmas decorating, but my family will probably think I'm crazy if I start this early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wreath is absolutely beautiful!! I saw it through the link party today!! The whole setup is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. In case your interested, I received so many request on how to make it I've updated the post to include a tutorial. Have a great day. Robin

      Delete
  5. Your paper wreaths are beautiful, Robin!! I love the basket of red books to add a pop of color with your pretty display.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love the pic with the red books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO, how did you make the first wreath!? I love it and think I should give it a try!
    Thanks,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love both wreaths and have been wanting to make one. Can you tell us where you found the instructions?

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks so pretty, Robin! It makes me want to find a place for the beadboard door I found so I can hang a wreath on it! I love your basket of old red books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Robin, so romantic and vintage, like it soooo much:)Started follow you here:)Hugs, Marinela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and cozy and homey! Pinned! Visiting from Amaze Me Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tutorial, Robin...just one question, do you poke the page into the form or just let the glue do the work?

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both your wreaths! And I agree, one successful project just leads to another!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I've never made a wreath, but you make it look easy. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wreath really was so, so easy. I love how great it looks when it's finished. Don't you just love easy projects with big payoffs!

      Delete
  15. The wreath looks beautiful on the beadboard, Robin! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tutorial! You did a great job and it does look simple enough...maybe I will give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do. It's so simple and fun, definitely a project you can watch a show on TV while doing it.

      Delete
  17. What a gorgeous wreath! I love using book pages in projects. Thank you so much for sharing at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party! Have a great day!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! I'd love it if you'd add it to our link party @ http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/2013/11/its-that-time-again-friday-follow-along.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. You were featured! Be sure to come and grab your featured Button!
    Thanks for linking up to TWIRL AND TAKE A BOW!
    http://arttisbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/11/twirl-and-take-bow-features-and-link.html

    Hugs,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love this so much!! Pinning and hoping you share the other tutorial. Yes, my glue gun and I are warming up together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sharing on my FB page today too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a great project I love it! can I ask what size foam wreath you used? thank you.CJ

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like you sprayed a fine mist of color on it. What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful wreath! Do you think it would work using small push pins instead of using glue?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Robin, Thank you so much for the lovely tutorial. I loved your wreath so much and made one for myself. You can see it on my blog here https://shabbyteaparty.blogspot.com/2018/09/book-page-wreath.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI ROBIN! I AM IN LOVE WITH BOTH OF THESE WREATHS AND DECIDED TO MAKE THEM FOR MY DAUGHTER'S SENIOR GRADUATION PARTY �� CAN YOU PLEASE POST THE SECOND WREATHS INSTRUCTIONS? IT LOOKS PRETTY SIMPLE AND QUICK...MY STYLE! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Do you know about how many pages it took? I’m thinking about copying the pages of a favorite book and using that instead of tearing the pages out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks great, What size foam wreath did you use? About how many pieces did it take? TYIA

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love it’s beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Made this wreath yesterday, it did take me 8 hrs from beginning to rip pages to completion, but I absolutely love it! Gail B

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really would like to make this, I just love it. Did you spray the pages with anything to keep the paper from changing color as it ages?
    Thank you in advance for your response and for sharing 🙏🥰

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Protect your business from financial risks with RocketBear's Fraud prevention video solutions! Their expertly crafted videos offer valuable insights and practical strategies to safeguard your organization against fraudulent activities.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!