September 8, 2014

DIY Pillowcase With Ruffled Edge

Good Morning!

Hope you had a great weekend.  

I had a fabulous time watching football and sewing!  
What a combo huh!
Can't begin to tell you how excited I am that football has started again.

Anyway, lets get to the point of this post shall we . . . thought I'd show you quick and easy sewing project that I was able to finish while I watched the game.



Pretty right?

If you'd like to make your own, follow a long and I'll show you how I made them.

First cut two pieces of fabric. 
One for the body of the pillow, one for the ruffle.

I cut my ruffle 13"x 60" long.
(This will make a very wide ruffle, you can adjust this to your liking)


For the body of the pillow I cut one piece 40" X 28", below you can see it folded in half.
(again, you can adjust this.  I like very plump pillows)



Start sewing together the pillow by making your ruffle.



Once your ruffle is done, attach it to main body piece of the pillowcase.


Once your ruffle is sewn on, finish the pillow like this.


There you have it.  

Quick.  Easy.  Pretty!


Bye Now,

Robin

10 comments:

  1. Those are lovely vintage pillow cases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Your fabric choice is just perfect for this project. Besides making these for family, I think a pair would make a nice wedding gift for a bride who likes a vintage style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial! Love the long ruffles on pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I made a vintage pillow sham with a ruffle. This would be nice to make for my regular pillows! Thanks for the tutorial! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so pretty! :-)

    Blessings...
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!