October 21, 2014

Homemade Dill Dip



We all know that eating our veggies every day is a good thing to do...

but plain veggies get boring fast.

I prefer veggies with a little something yummy to dip them into.


As I was mixing up a batch of my favorite veggie dip this morning I felt inspired to share the recipe.  

It was passed down to me from my mother and is by far so much better than any dip I've ever bought at the grocery store.  





Dill Dip
1 Cup Mayo
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 teaspoons Season Salt
1 teaspoon Dill Weed
1 teaspoon Dried Parsley (I skip this sometimes)
1 teaspoon Dried Onion

Mix all ingredients together and chill for two hours before serving.
Keep refrigerated.  Makes 2 Cups



So simple and so yummy, 

it takes less than five minutes to whip up a batch.  
 You can use low fat versions of both the mayo and the sour cream if you'd like. . . it will still be yummy.

Simply dump all the ingredients into the bowl . . . 



Give it a stir, cover and chill.




I've been know not to wait the two hours for the dip to chill and allow the flavors to blend together . . . if you can hold out long enough, it is much better.




Now you'll have to excuse me, 
I've got to go cut up more carrot sticks since I gobbled up the ones I used for my photo's as soon as I knew I had captured the shots I wanted.

Bye now,

Robin

Linked to:
Inspire Me Please
Be Inspired
The Scoop
Treasure Hunt Thursday

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Dill! I'll be giving this a try. Thanks for sharing.

    Melissa in North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can also you vegan sour cream and mayo...still yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great recipe, I have pinned it. It sounds like something that my family will devour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing I have pinned and will be making very soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!