December 19, 2014

A Vintage Christmas


When it comes to Holiday decorations my first love is anything handmade . . .

My second love is anything vintage.

Over the past few years I have been slowly growing my collection of vintage Holiday decorations.

I love how they give my home a touch of character and history.

Today I thought it would be fun to highlight some of my favorite vintage decorations in my collection.

The foundation of any vintage holiday collection are of course vintage ornaments.

I've been so blessed to have found quite a few that make me smile.


This little white church is a new addition to my collection this year.

I love it so much - - it lights up (not sure if it's safe to use the original wiring - - would you?) and plays Joy To The World.

Mostly I love it so much because it reminds me of a little white house my grandma put out every year.



Vintage silver bells are always a favorite of mine and what better time to use them then in December.


This tiny silver tree is also a new addition to my collection.
I'd love to add a handful more of them.


Vintage postcards and cards always make me smile. 
Arranged in a small wooden tote they look very festive I think.


Ah, vintage Christmas tablecloths - - can you get more delightful than this!

Oh to have lived in a time when tablecloths were a must!  
I wish it were a trend that would come back.


Of course you need to throw in a little something unexpected . . .hence the red tractor and trailer.


Oh Deer!
My favorite collection of all.
This year instead of digging out my whole collection I picked only my favorites to use - - I'm loving the paired down look.


You all know how much I love making glitter houses, but this year I actually started a collection of vintage putz house after finding this beauty at my local thrift store.   I have a feeling this is one collection that is bound to grow.


And finally, unique decorations like this wreath are always a fun thing to use.


Have a great day everyone!

Robin

27 comments:

  1. LOVE!! You have some wonderful collections, Robin! The tractor set is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection! The red ornaments with writing are a favorite, and not easy to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. their decoration is beautiful !!!!!! I wish them nice and relaxing holidays, all love of angie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great eye candy! I love the red wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful vintage goodness, Robin! Love all your pretty vignettes! I really love your red and white quilt - how beautiful for Christmas. Everything is so pretty. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin, I think you should just go ahead and restart the tablecloth trend. Your Christmas cloth is lovely.

    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for inspiring me with each post. Looking forward to following into the New Year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of your vintage Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your vintage ornaments! I hope to have some of them one day... Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went back to your very first blog post. I still have all of 2014 to got thru; but, I wanted to tell you how wonderful I think you are. You have such a good eye for color, design, and decorating. It is so inspiring. You are doing a great job & I just wanted to let you know. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone should read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the information. Please keep sharing more articles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really appreciate your professional approach.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some quality information here that any reader would enjoy Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It’s really a great and helpful piece of information.

    ReplyDelete

  18. I wan’t going to comment as this posts a bit old now, but just wanted to say thanks.

    ReplyDelete

  19. This is very helpful, especially for those who are planning to start their new career

    ReplyDelete
  20. This website is very useful and beautiful. thank you. Please visit our website as well. be successful and victorious

    ReplyDelete
  21. woooow, amazing blog to read, thanks for sharing, and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything is very open with a precise clarification of the issues.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The information related to biology assignment help is available here.

    ReplyDelete

  24. finally i found best reading blog site in google,

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!