December 17, 2014

Holiday Entryway


While I've had the inside of my home decorated for weeks, I sort of ran out of steam and hadn't done a single thing outside!

That is until this morning!


I made a simple display for my patio furniture sitting outside still.

A rusty old bucket filled with greenery and a lantern adds a little something festive to the space.  I'm hoping it will stay looking nice til spring.


Another bucket filled with split logs sits right outside the front door.



The corner on the other side of the front door needed something too! 



First I added this vintage sled I picked up at the flea market this past summer.
Love the unique design of this sledge and the colors are so pretty.


I then added another bucket filled with fresh tree clippings - - although the clipping are sort of slumping and you can't see the bucket anymore, I promise it's there.

And finally I added a small snowman blow mold just to make me smile.
Doesn't he look cheerful!


The whole thing took so little time at all I can't believe I put it off for so long.

How about you?  
Is your entryway dressed up for the Holidays or are you procrastinating like I've been doing?

13 comments:

  1. Your entry is so pretty! I love the bucket of logs for the fire, reminds of warm nights drinking cocoa and watching Christmas movies. Thank you for sharing! xxDazee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I am wishing I dragged my sled out of the attic now! Love the light up snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors in that sled are awesome! I have not seen a sled like that before. Great find. I didn't do much outside at our house this year, but I did have fun helping my son and daughter in law at their house. Had fun featuring them on my blog today. Some of your elements, like the bucket of logs would have been perfect for their alcove...

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty!!! thanks for the great pictures and inspirations, a nice evening wishes angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. That snowman sure brings back the memories!

    Christmas Blessings...
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me ha encantado tu post, tienes cosas muy interesantes, felicidades por tu bloc. Te invito a visitar el mio, esta semana ponemos espíritu navideño en el exterior, espero que te guste. Ah! Si no eres seguidora deseo que te hagas, gracias por visitarme.Te espero en elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh the snow just make the pictures perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! Love the sleigh, it does have very pretty colors! Cute snowman, and love the fresh greens and bucket with wood! :) Christmas hugs, xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an unusual sled--great find, robin:) very welcoming entry--esp with the vintage snowman lighting the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your front porch is wonderful. I just shared mine on a blog post this morning. Ours could be twins. ( Except Tennessee has no snow and rarely gets any.) The snow would be the icing on the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, Robin! Love your little snowman and the wonderful sled! It can last you all winter! I just shared my porch, too. We finally got out on the warm day last weekend and decorated ours...it was just too cold, too soon, to do anything earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs that I see these days don't really provide anything this interesting. But I'm definitely interested in this one more than any other blog. Just thought to share my views on this to let you know how useful these articles are. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!