January 29, 2015

Hand Embroidered Kitchen Towels


Have you ever had a project in mind for ages and ages before setting about to get it done?


Well, today's project is one of those things I've put off for who knows how long and boy let me tell you it's an amazing feeling to finally have it completed.

Nothing grand or overly difficult, mind you . . . 


One can't get more simple than a flour sack tea towel.

Add a ruffle and a little embroidery and you've got yourself a quick spruce-up for the kitchen.



Flour sack towels in the kitchen have long been my favorites,  

For one, they leave no lint behind when you hand dry your dishes,
they air dry very fast,
and they seem to get softer each time you use them,

plus they are prefect for tossing over a bowl of raising dough just like grandma use to do back in the day! 
 I use them alot over the Christmas holiday to quickly cover something that needed to set up in the fridge for a while.



I wish I could tell you for sure where I purchased these from since the fabric is  thick and the size is very generous even with having trimmed one side off to make the ruffle.  I'm pretty sure it was Fleet Farm, which I think is a Wisconsin/ Minnesota store. 


I'm pretty sure I'll be making some more of these in the very near future!

Have a great day.

Robin


8 comments:

  1. I love that - and I love flour sack dish towels. I get mine at Walmart (not sure they're the same quality as yours, but they get the job done). Never would have thought to cute-it up like this - great job!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love those simple projects that you can finish in a couple hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really think they are so pretty and I love flour sack towels! Dollar Tree sells them and so does Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty, Robin...I love how you made something simple. into something special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love this little towel. The monogram really sets it apart as something special, yet useful! I love using pretty towels here and there.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the little ruffle and monogram, robin--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful website. You may use a lot of the information offered here to help you with this subject. I appreciate everything you've done. By the generator above, a specified number of anime characters can be produced. You can rapidly find anime characters using anime character generator tool, which can also help in your comprehension of anime literature.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!