February 11, 2016

Awkward Corner Solution

Good Morning!


My Living Room and Dining Room share a big open space in my home, a space that over the years I've found a pleasing furniture arrangement that I like.

Well for the most part anyways.

You see I have this awkward corner area that sits right smack dab on the invisible line that separates the two rooms.

A corner that I never know what to do with.


Add a little something and it looks, well to be truthful, ridiculous.

Add something big and it looks overdecorated and cluttered.

Add nothing at all, and it seems like it's calling out for a some attention.

Leaving me frustrated to say the least!

~~~~~

Here's the space I'm talking about.



What do you think?  Needs something right?



The other day, in an attempt to find a solution, I started moving things around, lugging potential items in and out until I stumbled onto something I think worked well.


A simple arm chair!




Could the answer to my problem really be so simple?




I'm thinking maybe so!

But since my heads all messed up and frustration levels are high in regards to this tiny little space in my room I thought I'd ask all of you for your thoughts on the matter.




Too Much, 
Not enough, 
Or just perfect enough to let it stay?


Seriously, Help!


Robin

10 comments:

  1. I think it looks lovely! I agree that it needed something and I think the chair is just perfect for the spot. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Robin. It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful as is but If you think it needs something then it does. Instead of a white chair how about some greenery a small simple tree - I just started your DIY boxwood wreath today. So I'm all about the pop of green

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Robin...it really ties together the two spaces into one cohesive area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin,
    It's a distraction to the harder edges of where wall design butts up to wall design and you are left with a hard edge of what you have to look at. The chair works, one would not even notice the wall butting up to a corner.
    You have softened the look of this room. I bet you now love looking at it.

    See you soon and all you inspire

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think it needed anything, but once I saw the chair you added, I liked the effect. It rounds things out and softens the look..... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chair looks lovely. If your not all together happy a tree n a pretty basket would be pretty as well.

    Blessings...
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chair is a perfect complement as everything is so white. I agree also that a nice potted tree would also look nice, but I think it should be softer colors than your average green ... soft pink, white, cream, pale green maybe... but the chair makes a nice "rounded" comfortable feel. Welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the chair looks perfect there Robin! I absolutely love everything about your home!!!
    I hope you have a wonderful week!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!