February 8, 2016

Hand-Painted Pillow Covers


Happy Monday Morning Everyone!

I am enjoying this wonderful morning and looking forward to the fresh, new week ahead.

Seems sort of crazy since outside it's cold and windy but inside it's cozy and the weather doesn't seem to be affecting my enthusiasm for a productive week.

And speaking of excitement, this past weekend I was able to work on a project I've had on my mind for awhile now.

If your looking for a quick and easy project these Hand-Painted Pillow Covers might be just the thing for you!




I am sort of obsessed about the "arrow craze" I've seen popping up all over in home decor of late but sadly have very few of my own to add to my home.  

 With arrows on my mind I thought painting a few on some pillow covers would be a quick and easy way to add them to my decor.




Two Ikea premade pillow covers in white, some basic craft paint and a paint brush was all I needed to get started.




I first sketched out two designs that I liked and then copied them onto the pillow covers.

Next up, paint and a paint brush - simple as that!




Once the paint had dried a couple hours, I threw both pillow covers into the washer, followed by the dryer.  

This gave the paint a more distressed, "doodle art" look that I was hoping for.




They both turned out better than I could have hoped for.
The perfect way to add a little fun to my living room.

- - - - - - - - - - - 

Below you will see I have a video tutorial if you'd like a more detailed description of the steps I took to make theses pillow covers.   
Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Hey Robin! Your pillow covers are adorable!! I love how you threw them in the dryer to get that distressed look. All of your projects look so professional and polished. Have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robin! Your pillow covers are adorable!! I love how you threw them in the dryer to get that distressed look. All of your projects look so professional and polished. Have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really fun, Robin! You did a great job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!