June 20, 2016

Summer Quilt

Good Morning!

I have been having the sewing bug big time lately and today I thought I would show off my newest project.




A quick and easy summer quilt made from two vintage flat sheets.

I wanted something new for my bedroom to add a splash of color to my all white bedding so I searched through my stash of vintage sheets and picked out two blue and white floral patterns that I thought went together nicely.




I swear this is the quickest quilt I have ever sewn.  
All I needed was a top fabric, a bottom fabric, batting and a binding that I made from leftover fabric.

Simply layered the three pieces of fabric together, pinned it up, sewed it together . . . then added the binding with my sewing machine and finished it off with hand-sewing the binding onto the back.

Quick - Easy - and Oh So Pretty!!

I am so glad I decided to use two pretty fabrics since it makes it seem like I have two different quilts.  I'll use one side for a few days then switch it up and use the other side for a whole new look - it's awesome!




Just in case your interested in knowing all the details on how to make a similar quilt for yourself,  I have a video tutorial just for you!

  Check it out below.



I adore this new quilt so much, there is just something so special about the feel of vintage sheets.  They have this weight and softness that is hard to duplicate.  Crafting them into a beautiful quilt just seems like the prefect use for them.

Of course vintage sheets are not a must for this project, I've done the same thing with newly purchased sheets - - they are a crowd favorite with the family too.

Vintage sheets however have a special place in my heart so projects like this quilt almost always become a favorite of mine!




Have a great day and I'll talk with you soon,

Robin


Linked To:
Show and Share
The Creative Gallery
Amaze Me Monday
Happiness Is Homemade

12 comments:

  1. So pretty, Robin...I'll bet it is incredibly soft...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robin this is gorgeous. So bright, light and pretty. Love it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robin your quilt is so beautiful! I just adore the soft, pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Thanks to your video tutorial, I think I can make one. Your sheets are gorgeous and it's nice that you can use either side. It looks so comfy and cozy. Thanks for the tip on using the walking foot. I was not exactly sure what it did but now I know. I'll definitely try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful idea...love your quilt and it turned out amazing!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love vintage sheets, but you have really beautiful blues and whites. Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! The colours are fantastic and I'm a big fan of any projects that reuse old items.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a whole bunch of vintage sheets that I have been collecting solely to make a quilt...now if I just knew what I was doing! Love, love, love this!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love with your color...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice floral printing Bed Linens linen. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!