February 26, 2009

Bedroom Changes

I have been wanting to update my bedroom dresser area for sometime and have finally found the time to do it. Here is how it started. A dresser and mirror that is very long and holds lots of stuff.
Our master bathroom is tiny with no counter space at all. Because of this I use the mirror above my dresser to get ready every day. One drawer of the dresser holds my makeup and "stuff". The bigger items like hair spray and other supplies have had to sit on the dresser or on a small shelf on the other side of the room. I have never liked this setup mostly because it seems to clutter up the room and secondly, it seems to be a kid magnet. In order to streamline this area I did a little shopping and came up with this.

I know it is supposed to be in a bathroom but I loved the look so much I thought I could make it work. Hubby helped me hang it up and it works better than I thought it would. It has two glass shelves inside along with a mirror on the back of the door. The mirror works great for putting on my makeup (real up close and personal like). It holds all I need it to. I still have more room than needed.

I just love the way it turned out. I think it has a cottage feel which I am slowly working to add to my house. The area seems a bit bare right now, but don't worry I HAVE PLANS! I have been working on painting some photo frames to hang on both sides of the cabinet. I hope to also add some cute items on the dresser, maybe a bowl or pretty platter to hold a few things. I'm just not sure yet. I do know I want to keep it simple, less is more in my mind.

p.s. I still need to come up with a plan for my hair dryer and flat iron. I very much dislike it sitting on my dresser but I have not been able to come up with options. The outlet is behind the dresser so that limits me a bit.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting idea since your limited on space. Something I might consider in my girls' room since we have one bathroom and four girls including myself!

    You have plans for your other mirror?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am undecided at the moment about the mirror. It would look great painting I'm sure and I have a couple places to put it. But, right now I am happy to put it in storage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem is that you can only get so comfortable in an office and still be able to do your job efficiently. The solution for this problem is an ergonomic chair laywayback.com/recliners/power-lift-chairs-for-knee-problems-arthritis/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!