September 3, 2009

Small Changes

Change is good.
And small changes are the BEST - fast and easy.

Today I mixed things up in my living room a bit and love the results.

First I moved a small shelf previously used to hold some of my favorite books and magazines waiting to be read. It's new home is across the room. I'm now using it to hold a few toys for the babies. No more buckets of toys siting next to the couch and being tripped over all day. Why did I not think of this before - - It works so well.

Here is the shelf in it's old home.And now in it's new home. Love my stars hanging above it and added a few vintage toys to place on top. The kids seem to like it too. They enjoy taking toys off the shelves.
Here is a look from the other side of the room. I love how open and airy the room is - lots of room the kids to play and room for me to navigate the toy piles.
Next I changed up the frames on the wall next to me chair. I have always thought the frames were too small and needed to be replaced. Here it is before.I've been on the look out for new frames and found three at Walmart. I was hoping for one more but I think I can make this work. Here is what I did. I still think one more would make the whole thing look a little better but for now it works. Now for something new to put inside the frames- Mmmmmm - I'll have to think about that for a bit.

I'm so happy with the results of my small changes today, how about you? Have you made a few changes of your own today?

Until tomorrow. Robin

2 comments:

  1. Love the shelves in their new home! Your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so cute, I esp. love the red chair w/ the star pillow. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!