February 10, 2010

A Helping Hand For A Vintage Mailbox

Hanging in my hallway, outside my bedroom door is a vintage mailbox;
it’s one of my favorite things in the house.

Lately it’s been looking a little lonely.

It needs something – anything!

For weeks I’ve tried idea after idea, and my frustration grew with each attempt. Out of pure desperation, I decided to try the first idea that popped into my head weeks ago but had pushed aside thinking I could come up with something better.


What do you think?

It works right - - guess I just need to learn to go with my instincts.


Talk with you again tomorrow, have a great day,

Robin

5 comments:

  1. Hi Robin, What about off-centering the mailbox and putting two or three square frames to the side of it. One with maybe your last name initial, one of a romantic note between you and your husband, and maybe a B&W photo of the whole family (or just the two of you...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I think it's really neat.

    If you want to add something else to the wall, what about copies of antique letters? Or, copy a page of interesting stamps and frame! Do a grouping, and buy ready made mats and frames on sale from Michael's (if they're still on sale).

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! May steal that idea as I have a vintage mailbox too but always thought it looked to plain on the wall by itself. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mail box. I love the idea of displaying old letters with it. I know you'll make it great no matter what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! What a great idea...

    Do you put little notes in there for the girls?

    annie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!