May 28, 2012

Spring Hutch


Good Morning!

Hope you were able to work in a little R&R over the long weekend.  I enjoyed a weekend of work and play with the family which was delightful.

With summer closing in fast I thought it was a good time to share how I decorated my hutch for spring.  Soon it will be changed for the summer months but for now I've concentrated on green, blue and white.  My favorite spring colors.

I tried to keep things simple and use only my favorite items that screamed "spring" to me . . . like this blue tool box I scored at a garage sale last summer.  Filled with small plates and a cluster of candles tied together with white ribbon; I love the mix of industrial and pretty.

This shelf I reused an pretty plate, a distressed frame and some greenery. . . .

Along with a new lantern I found at the thrift store.  If you know me at all you'll remember there is always room at my house for another lantern.


These two shelves are a mix of old favorites . . .


Like this tiny bird I've had for years. . .


And new favorites like this cute sign the neighbor picked up for me when she went out of town - Isn't she the sweetest!

There is even a mix of new crafts and old ones.

I painted the garden sign years ago, and placed a old finial in front of it on one side,

And cute birds on the other side.


You may remember the boxwood wreath I made a couple weeks back.  I've balanced it out with two pretty sugar bowls.  I love the contrast between the green and white.

I guess this photo just emphasizes that thought.  I think it's my favorite photo of all the ones I've taken for this post.  I just love all the different shades of white and the dusty tipped green branches. 
**Sigh**

It's so pretty to me.

And of course, last but not least - - another lantern. 

Aren't these little jar tea lights adorable.  I found them at the dollar section of Target.

So there you go.  My springtime hutch.  What do you think?

Robin

6 comments:

  1. I love it! You have so many awesome pieces on it and they are balanced so nicely!

    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and pretty, Robin. The green and white really do look nice together. You have a wonderful collection of items that all compliment each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin your spring hutch is so cute! I love all the white ware, and the little birds are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm very pretty!! love the light bright fresh feel! xo

    www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple in my opinion is always best it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this hutch of yours. Something for collectibles and can be updated by season or occasion. I'm so doing this soon. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!