January 10, 2013

Kids Game Cabinet


I have been having great luck finding furniture at the thrift store of late.  Check out this cabinet I found.  It's surface was not so pretty but it's made of solid wood and I thought it would be the perfect addition to the family room.
 


After a few coat of creamy white paint and a little distressing around the edges my new cabinet is looking right at home.  It fits perfectly on a tiny wall between two doors.  I'm working on something to hang above it but for now we can just concentrate on the cabinet itself.


 
The top makes great display space for mommy. 
And inside holds all the kids games perfectly.

 
I'm loving it.
 
Have a great day,
 
Robin
 

12 comments:

  1. It looks great and it's always nice to have more storage! I'm off to the thrift store right now. I hope I have good luck like you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and I LOVE that size dresser.
    Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Haven't been out "shopping" at a thrift store for awhile!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what a coat of paint can do! Your cabinet looks beautiful and is functional, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect size! Perfect colour choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a win-win situation if I ever saw one. :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! It's hard to believe it's the same piece. What a huge transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I don't think you can ever have too many cabinets. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really great! You did a wonderful job- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a fabulous find, and you've made it really beautiful. You're such a smart decorator.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find!And pretty transformation!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you have did to it, sure doesn't look the same as the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found a cabinet like this one at the side of the street for trash, can't wait to use your ideas to make it useful and beautiful! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!