July 31, 2013

A Hankering For . . . A Ribbon Driveway

 
During the summer months I'm constantly thinking up ways to make the outside of our home look more inviting.  I'm sure a lot of you are the same way.
 
Lately I've been obsessing over Ribbon Driveways!  You know the old-timey type of driveway with concrete pavers and grass?
 
I adore the look.
 
.16lstreet: Ribbon Driveways
I just love the look and feel of these old-timey driveways with the grass strip.
Although it's not very practical for our snow filled winters here in Minnesota, every once in a while I'll come across a home that has a ribbon driveway. 
garage doors...green grass tracks...sooo darn cool
brick & grass ribbon driveway
 
Simple or Grand I think it is a wonderful look that I wish would come back in style.
 
Have a great day,
 
Robin
 

4 comments:

  1. I agree! I adore them but it's not practical here either with the tons of snow we get.

    I still want my driveway to look like this though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always attracted to those ribbon driveways, too, Robin. But then, you and I love most anything that harkens back to yesteryear, don't we.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look too. So much better than an ocean of concrete! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are charming, aren't they? I never knew what they were called before!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!