May 7, 2014

Spring Desk


Good Morning!

Sorry I haven't been around much this week.  I don't have anything to say for myself other than I've been playing hooky.  Sometimes taking a few days off is good for the soul.

I feel refreshed and ready to get back to my projects.

Speaking of feeling refreshed, I managed to freshen up the desk area in the living room this morning.


I'm loving the simple spring-like display surrounding my favorite desk and sign.


Nothing grand or over the top, just simple and pleasing to the eye.

I first started by laying down one of my pretty table runners.  I love the edging detail on this one - - isn't it gorgeous.

Faux blooming branches in an old enamelware coffee pot where added next to bring  a touch of the outdoors inside where I can enjoy it.  The large ironstone platter underneath is a recent fun.  I was thrilled to find it even though it's worn and stained.  Neither of which bothers me in the least.


On the other side of the desk a simple trio of item fills out the display.


I don't know about you but I love using glass canning jars everywhere this time of year.  Doesn't matter if they are filled or empty.  They give a gentle sparkle to a display, and help the room feel open and light filled  - - plus they scream "farmhouse" to me which is always a win, win.


This new candy dish was a thrill to find recently at the thrift store so of course I had to work it into the display somehow.  I'll talk more about this beauty come Friday in my Fun Finds post so I won't bore you with all the details now - - lets just say I'm loving it.


So there you have it.  I newly spruced up space in the living room.


At this rate, maybe I'll have the whole room finished by the time it's July!  LOL.

bye now,

Robin

Linked to:
Simple and Sweet Fridays


10 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!! I have been considering putting a desk in our kitchen/entryway and having a nice little place to sort bills and more or less just be able to decorate like this (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Robin! you know I have the same 'candy dish' you scored but I got mine at a garage sale and the lady told me she used to put her powder in it! Works both ways I guess! Advance happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your newly spruced up space in your living room looks so pretty! I love your Springbrook Farm sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, love that coffee pot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so fresh and springy! Love your sign! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful Robin! I'll never get tired of your awesome cow sign!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your desk is darling and stylish!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!