August 18, 2014

To-Go Craft Bag

Good Morning!

I am so excited to share with you the convenience of having a craft bag packed and ready to quickly grab on your way out the door.

In the beginning of the summer I talked about putting a craft bag together and I promised to update you all on how it worked out.  

Today's the day.

Before I get start on the details,  
let me just say I may have started a new lifelong habit for myself.  It's worked so well I can hardly image my life without it.

If your life is anything like mine there are always appointment's, practices, school activities,  etc in which as a mother you find yourself with a lot of time on your hands and nothing to do but wait.

To relieve boredom and feel as if I've accomplished something on those days when it seems like the whole day is jam-packed with activities, I prepared myself a To-Go Craft Bag.

I simply gathered anything I'd need for a single project . . .

items like fabric, embroidery hoop, scissors, thread, needles 


then placed everything in an appropriate sized baggie.


I liked to have two or three projects in which to chose from to work on.  Some are small like the supplies for a simple beaded bracelet.


I always try to have some reading materials too for those times when you only have a few minutes.


While I was packing the bag, I thought a few summertime essential would be a good idea to add.

Things like bug spray, sunscreen, and wet wipes and of course some balls just in case the dog decides to join us.


I placed all my supplies into a large Land's End bag which I love and I was good to go.


Here's what it looks like all packed up.


Now whenever I need to head out, I grab my phone and a bottle of Pepsi and we're gone!

I take it everywhere, camping, to the beach, the park, sports practice, doctors office - - you name it, I'll be bringing my bag.

It's kept me very productive throughout the summer . . . here just a sampling of the projects I've been able to accomplish while the kiddos "play" . . . 

The stitching on this pillow for the porch sofa. . . 


The stitching for a future sewing project and two chunky, 
beaded bracelets. . . 


I am currently working on this blanket.
Technically its done, but I've decided to make it a little larger and add a scalloped edge.



Hopefully I've convinced you to pack a to-go bag of your own!

I promise you wont' be disappointed.

bye now,

Robin

4 comments:

  1. Good Monday to you Robin. Love your craft on the go tote. This is pretty fabulous. I also love your sweet summer time pillow. That is super cute. Have a great week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have a bag with goodies to work on because I can't stand to have idle hands. I use the same bag in the house as I take in the car.

    Cute projects you made this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea, thank you
    I'll make one for myself to leave by the door, and by my favorite chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea, Robin! And I love your projects, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!