May 28, 2015

Updating A Vintage Garden Table Set

Years ago my amazing Mother-In-Law passed on to me the sweetest garden table and chair's set.  In the years since, it's been used in countless places around our home and backyard.

Recently while moving it to yet another new spot I realized how shabby the set was beginning to look.


One of the fabric covered seat covers had completely fallen off . . . 



And the frames of both the chairs and the table was beginning to get a little rusty.

Normally I'm not one to shy away from rusty items but this set is special to me and I want to keep it looking good.



After cleaning them up a little I dug out my trusty spray paint  and gave everything a two coats of Rustoleum Heirloom White (my favorite color of creamy white spray paint)



Magically the set was looking so much better.




No more rusty legs and tabletop.


Next I tackled the seat covers. 

Using a favorite print from my vintage sheet collection the transformation was easy to tackle with a simple staple gun to attach the fabric and a pair of scissors to trim off the access.


Now the new and improved table set is gracing the awkward corner on our covered porch and is the perfect place to sit and blog or eat a snack and watch my flowers grow!

Bye Now,

Robin

11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and charming patio set! I can see why you treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty Robin! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty Robin! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! It`s beautiful. Enjoy ♥ Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this kind of chairs-I have one to -cover with roses...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the vintage linens...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so amazing what a can of spray paint can do. And I Love Love Love that fabric you chose! So sweet and just perfect for that set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that set and the vintage sheet is just darling! Heirloom white is my favorite go to creamy white paint color as well.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! Quite a transformation, you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! What a great updo.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!