August 25, 2015

Adding Bathroom Storage

Well Good Morning!

Long time no see!

I'd love to announce that I'm back and ready to blog full time again but with two weeks til school starts I have a feeling it will be filled up with last minute activities with the kids!

I am hoping to be able to post a couple times a week until the second week of September when I'll start up again.

Today I thought I'd share a project I was able to finish last week.  Just a quick painting project to add a little extra storage to our bathroom off the family room.



I found this simple cabinet at the thrift store a month ago and thought it would be the perfect addition to the room.




Originally it was stained a dark, walnut color, but now with a fresh coat of white paint it's looking oh so pretty.



I did some heavy distressing along the edges to make the stain color show through.  I can't seem to paint anything theses days without distressing it.  It adds such character to the project I think.

I also removed the hardware since it was missing two of the four original to the piece and replaced them with these silver and porcelain numbers from Menards - love them!




To fancy up the top I added a grouping of favorite items to add some storage and character.




A grouping of thrift store jars hold items like cotton pads, q-tips and hair ties/clips.




Ironstone holds some pretty soaps to display and a pitcher of fake flowers adds a fancy touch.




I used this thrift store find to add a little height into the mix.  Not sure what it was originally but I like how it looks painted and distressed - adds some character I think.




Love how's it all turned out.  

But my favorite thing about it is how it's taken the attention away from the shower surround which I have always considered an eye sore when entry the room.




Thanks for stopping by!

Talk to you soon, 

Robin

11 comments:

  1. Looks great. Love the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cabinet! Perfect piece for a bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful, Robin...really adds great storage to the space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looks great, love your bathroomx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhh Robin. Just swooning. This is an awesome piece. Beautiful.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks just great! I love the cupboard! A great place to relax if you ask me...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks nice! I have a couple pieces that I need to paint!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how it turned out <3 Such a pretty room! Love your blue bench, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a darling little cabinet and it makes your bathroom look very cottage-y or farmhouse-y. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!