April 28, 2016

Project Challenge #4: Burlap and Ticking




Good Morning!

It's time once again for a Project Challenge.




This months theme is Burlap or Ticking.

I decided to work with ticking and make myself a quilt that has been on my wish list for years.

Have a look. . . 




I absolutely love the way it turned out.

I had trouble with one row, it turned out so wonky no matter what I did it just would not match up with the other rows.  But I couldn't be bothered to redo the row completely.  Now I'm glad I didn't since it is rather hard to find even when your looking for it.

Can you spot it?




 I am also very happy I decided on using both blue and red stars, at first I was going to use all red stars but the think the combo of both makes it very interesting.




I won't go into a full tutorial on how I made the block because I followed a fabulous video tutorial by
The  Quilt Codex.  Check it out below.




 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Now lets go meet up with the rest of the Project Challenge group and see what they have been working on this month.

Make sure you follow the links below and visit each blog.

And don't forget to say hi while your there.



15 comments:

  1. Your quit is just beautiful...love the combination of both colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, your quilt is amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin I LOVE this! And it will be so fun to decorate for Independence day with this! I'm a bit jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! Says the link up is closed...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect project to use ticking in. Love the pattern and the two colors. I would love to have one like it in my house! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin..this is awesome. I think it would be great for a gentleman's gift. Thanks for sharing the video. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robin, wow that looks like it was a lot of work, I love the pattern of the stars and the colors....super cool!!!! So sorry I had to miss this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive post with the details of project challenges. Thank you.

    Cloth Drying Stand | Buy Cloth Stand Online

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this quilt with the ticking and plan to make one. If you have time can you tell me how you added the sashing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, between the stars I added a piece staring with a star block, spaceing piece, then another star block and so on to form the row making sure both sides of the row began and ended with a star block.
      Once that was done, i cut spacing pieces to fit the length of each row. Starting with a spacing piece i sewed a star block row to the bottom, then next added another spacing piece until i had all the star block rows sewn togther with a spacing piece on the top and bottom.

      The final step was to cut two spacing pieces to fit the length if both the right and left sides.

      Hope this makes sense.

      Delete
    2. Yep, it makes sense:) I have all my pieces cut except for the sashing. I am excited to get it started. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

      Delete
  10. I am a quilter so I know what all is involved...congratulations on a lovely finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a quilter so I know what all is involved...congratulations on a lovely finish! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!