April 24, 2013

Adding Some Farmhouse Style To The Kitchen


I just can't wait to share with you my new kitchen shelf this morning.

I have a small wall in my kitchen's eating area that was in need of a fresh look.  After thinking it over for a while I decided a shelf was the perfect thing to add.  Lets face it, a new spot to decorate is always a plus!

The shelf itself was purchased at Ikea.  I think this is the first shelf ever that I have not built myself.  I love how fast it went together and the cottage/farmhouse vibe it has is a big plus.


I of course filled the shelf with some of my favorite vintage treasures but before we get into all that first take a look at the prints hanging on the wall above the shelf.


Recognize them? 
 Yup, they're the prints the lovely Linda from Itsy Bits and Pieces sent me.  Are they not the most perfect addition to this display.  I am head over heels for them.


**sigh***
so perfect!


OK, I'll stop drooling over the cow prints long enough to show you the rest of the shelf.

I added my newly crafted chicken wire cloche that I talked about here.


The cloche is resting on a milk glass dish.  
To add some height to the clock I placed a stack of butter pat dished underneath it.


What's more farmhouse like than a stack of dishes.  
I was able to round up enough for two stacks, one on each side of the cloche.
I topped each with a pretty petite creamer.


You probably remember seeing these glass jar sleeves recently also.  
If you missed it you can take a look here.
I added them to the mix to hold my vintage silverware collection.


And finally, I added my favorite rusty, white vintage scale and paired it with my rusty cast iron cow.  Isn't he adorable.


I love how well the shelf all came together. 
I'm really loving how well it fills up that empty wall in the kitchen.
It adds a little extra charm to the space.

Have a wonderful day everyone,

Robin

35 comments:

  1. What a cute cottage shelf! I haven't seen those at Ikea! You have decorated it in the most perfect, wonderful, farmhouse style! I adore your cow prints! I'll bet you always think of your sweet friend every time you look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it all. I am making some of the cloches right now but to keep the chickens away from some new starts in the garden. They can be ruthless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin- That is so very perfect for tha spot. I love the simplicity of it and you have dressed it beautifully with your treaures! Great job!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shelf. And love the way you've decorated it. Very "farmhousy". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute shelf. I love the chicken wire on the mason jars. I just bought some chicken wire so I see a weekend project in my future.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shelf turned out beautiful, I love how you've styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet! love that chicken wire cloche!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love everything you used on the shelf. The cow is so unique. Love the chicken wire cloche too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vignette! Love....LOVE that rusty vintage cow too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty little country shelf loaded with the most adorable mix of things. I will have to go back and look again...
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous shelf Robin! I love the hooks underneath, too. I'm drooling over your vintage scale and will go check out your post on the wire cloche - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, Robin! Love that shelf and wish I had seen these when I needed shelves. Might have to go check at IKEA.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your shelf looks great there, and you've decorated it to perfection. Cows... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Robin,

    So nice to meet you! I am sitting here STUDYING your sweet and cozy farmhouse style! Love how you put this vignette together; it's fresh and whimsical! The rusty vintage scale is charming!

    Your newest follower, hoping you will follow me back!

    Poppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the look of this shelf! I am a new follower from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully you will want to follow me back! Have a great weekend, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love your shelf and your vignette is fabulous. What a great idea. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a great job with the shelf and how you arranged everything on it! The prints are so cute and the perfect touch! I really love the chicken wire jar sleeves and went to that post. I'm wondering if you can get the chicken wire in small sections and do you use wire cutters to get the size you need? Duh! Can you tell I'm a city girl and a total novice at DIY projects?!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your shelf and I love the farmhouse vignette that you put on it...looks great!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH those prints look beautiful framed and up on the wall! I love the farmhouse style, in fact, I LOVE EVERYTHING about your shelf vignette! Your chicken wire pieces are so great...Congrats on the Common Ground feature!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Robin, that shelf looks fabulous and farmhouse-y set above the bead-board, your dining room is looking really wonderful!
    I like the little valance that I see on your window, too, I can't tell what it really looks like, but it looks very nice.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. That cow is so cute. Love the shelf and all the stuff on it, but that cow is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. **love** this...you've styled the shelf just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks great!, I love those prints of the cows, I wonder if there are chicken ones available? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The shelf looks great. I LOVE those chicken wire cloches! Life to the full! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous styling....farm fresh indeed!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this! those cow prints are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Jaw dropping beautiful! I want a white kitchen so bad. Yours looks amazing:) newest follower here :) Angela @ HickoryTrail

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks great! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everything looks gorgeous! I'm really coveting that little rusty cow!! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such intelligent work and reporting!Keep up the superb works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. 룰렛

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting!

    ReplyDelete

  32. Wow, superb blog layout! Magnificent, let alone the content

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful article. Thank you for supplying this information.

    ReplyDelete

  34. Good blog and absolutely exceptional. Thank you for sharing this excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for providing a good quality article.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!