June 8, 2015

Summertime Porch


The weather has been so nice here lately that I have been getting alot of use out of the covered porch.

Over the past few weeks I've been slowly working on making the space cozy and useful for the summer months and I thought today would be a good time to show you all where I hang out when I'm not pulling weeds in the garden.




In one corner I've paired  a newly acquired vintage garden chair and a wicker table.






The awkward corner next to the door leading inside I decided to use the vintage garden table set that I just recently gave a makeover, you can check out the post here.  It the perfect size for the space and comes in very handy.







A vintage hand stitched table runner helps add softness to the space.  And the simple tray filled with rocks collected while on kayak trips and ATV rides makes a fun display when paired with a trio of outdoor flame-less candles from Target.




Love these candles!  Do you have any yet?  So durable and I love that they come on automatically every night to give this corner a pretty glow.




I am still enjoying the vintage sheet I picked to cover the seat cushions with, it's just so cheerful to me.




The opposite side of the porch is where I spend most of my time when on the porch. 

 The small sofa gives me a birds-eye view of the backyard garden and it's super comfy for reading and short naps.







I really need to get a slipcover sewn up for this sofa but until then I'm using a hot pink quilt to cover up some of the distracting pattern and also add a pop of color.







A tiny shelf tucked into the corner holds my small collection of vintage gardening tools.




In front of the sofa I placed a blanket on the floor to act as a rug.  I know, it's weird but I've been looking all over for a cheap rug with both pink and blue colors in it without much luck.  So when I spied this blanket at the thrift store I didn't think twice about using it as a rug.




And finally the newest addition to the porch is this lovely wicker planter filled with my favorite summer potted plant,  pink geraniums.  




Hope you've enjoyed this small tour of my current hangout spot, 

Talk to you soon,

Robin


15 comments:

  1. I love a screened in porch and yours is wonderful. This is where I would be all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful screen porch!
    I'll add a tray with rocks and candles to the dining table this summer. Thanks for the tip on the flameless candles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and inspiring.
    Blessings,
    Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have to go on vacation, it's Paradise here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I could spend all day on your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch is so charming, Robin! And I love how you used the little corner for the pretty table and chairs set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love your vintage items, and using the blanket as a rug is a great idea. I thought it was a rug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty porch...it should be a law that every house has an enclosed porch, sunroom or sleeping porch...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a sun room to enjoy summer!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why not a blanket? It works! Everything looks so cozy.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your porch is charming! I love the vintage sheet seat covers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a charming hang out spot...and the view is nice too!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a beautiful porch and view as well! My porch is not screened in but unless it's too hot / humid it's where I want to be for 3 seasons of the year :) Yours...well I imagine it's the same !

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!